Beautiful stitch pattern combined with soft Aran-weight yarn creates a warm and cozy cowl which keeps the chill away.
It also makes a great gift.
The cowl is worked lengthwise with applied i-cord on both edges. When the desired length is achieved, the garment is joined into a loop by using Three-Needle Bind-off. Both chart and written instructions are provided.
The pattern uses Crochet Chain Cast-on but you can use any provisional cast on method of your choice.
50” / 127 cm in circumference; 9 1⁄4”/ 23.5 cm in depth.
approx. 360 yds / 330 m of Aran weight yarn
Shown in Drops Nepal (82 yds / 75 m per 50 g,
65 % wool, 35 % alpaca), #0206.
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
• size 10 US / 6 mm circular needle
• size 8 US / 5 mm circular needle
• size 8 US / 5 mm spare needle for Three-Needle Bind-off
• waste yarn and a size J US / 6 mm crochet hook for Crochet Chain Cast-on
• row counter
• tapestry needle for weaving in the yarn ends.
One pattern repeat is approx. 4 1⁄4” / 11 cm wide and a little less than 2”/ 5 cm high.